Measure T: What's on the Ballot
Our Summary of Measure T
Measure T amends the San Mateo County Local Program to:
- Allow construction of a tunnel on State Route 1 behind Devil's Slide through San Pedro Mountain.
- Specify that the tunnel design
- be consistent with Coastal Act limits restricting State Route 1 to a two lane scenic highway and
- meet minimum state and federal tunnel standards.
- Provide for separate bicycle and pedestrian trails outside of the tunnel.
- Require the state to maintain and repair the existing highway until the tunnel is constructed.
- Prohibit any construction of any part of Highway 1 through McNee Ranch State Park and Montara State Beach except along the existing alignment.
- Require voter approval for any alternative other than the tunnel or repair and reconstruction of the existing road.
Official Language & Ballot Arguments
Here are the official documents and arguments that you'll see in your voter's handbook:
Back to Measure T Home Page